Matt if you read this, let me know if you want it taken down or drafted. Then I’ll just have to ask you for it again the next time I loose it.
A chocolate chip cookie is a drop cookie that originated in the United States and features chocolate chips as its distinguishing ingredient.
The traditional recipe combines a dough composed of butter and both brown and white sugar with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Variations include recipes with other types of chocolate as well as additional ingredients such as nuts or oatmeal.
I haven’t made this since I transcribed it, hope it’s right.
- 3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white castor sugar
- 1 cup dark drown sugar
1 table spoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
1 egg white
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teasopoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Set oven to bake at 350
- In a large bowl melt butter and add to sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix well until combined.
- Whip in eggs until slightly airy.
- In another bowl combine four, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly introduce the dry to the wet in small batches making sure not to over mix.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to allow a little dough hardening.
- Use an ice cream scoop for the perfect size balls of dough.
- Lay parchment paper on pan.
- Bake 5 at a time for about 12-15 min depending on if the oven runs hotter or cooler.