Slow cooker based, most likely Costco rotisserie chicken soup & stock recipes. When making the soup a trick is to not mix the veggies so the potatoes get more heat than the mushrooms. I like to serve this in our ramen bowls.
- 1/2 roast or rotisserie chicken, chopped or torn
- Stock from said chicken, see below for recipe
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 medium pack mushrooms
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh chili paste(Sambal Oelek, anything works).
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- In a low cooker, whisk together chicken stock, chili paste, and coconut milk. Keep on medium or low and stir occasionally to hinder separation.
- Clean and chop potatoes into 1/4 rectangular pieces, add to pot.
- Clean and chop mushrooms into quarters, add to pot.
- Cook until tender.
- Chop or tear chicken and add to pot.
- Add water if needed.
- Let simmer until potatoes are done.
- Chop green onions and cilantro for garnish, add green onion stems to soup if desired.
- When potatoes are cooked serve in bowl.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion, and a lime wedge.
Slow Cooker Chicken Broth
- Get slow cooker.
- Add chicken carcass all broken apart, fat, skin, etc.
- 1/4 an onion or small onion chopped.
- Fill slow cooker until is about 1/4 full or most of bones are covered. This is a quick stock. So you don’t want too much water.
- Add fork full of vegetable better than bouillon, mix in until dissolved well, or a quart full of frozen vegetable scraps.
- Add some seasoning, dash of saison, paprika, chili powder, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for a while, maybe 4 hours or more.
- Strain junk, and pour into large bowl, rinse slow cooker for soup.